Thursday, September 8, 2016

Literature Analysis Questions #1

1. The novel I read is "Out of the Dust". It is about a little girl named Billie Joe. Before she was born her father wanted a boy instead of a girl. So, he taught and named her like a boy until she was turning nine years old her father stopped trying to pretend that she is a boy. The story takes place during the Great Depression. The character Billie Joe loved playing piano, she is very tall and thin as paper with blond hair. Later on in the story her mother passes away and her new born brother. Her mother died because hot oil spelled on her and her baby brother died for the same reason too. At the time that her mom was burn she burn her hands trying to throw away the oil. At the moment she couldn't play the piano anymore. That's the part I am at and I will read more and keep you updated.

2. I am not very sure what is the theme yet but I will post what I believe the theme is

3. But, when I read the book I think that the author was born or had a family that was in the Great Depression. Also listens to classical music and I could believe she know how to play the piano.

4. I honestly honestly don't know what are the literary terms in the novel but once as I find out it will be in the post as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment