Thursday, February 2, 2017

My Mother's Day at Work

So this morning while on my way to school my mother told me a very interesting story. Yesterday during work she was giving food to the elderly in nipomo. While she was there is saw a Muslim women giving out hijab to anyone who would like to wear one. My mom went over to the lady and ask if she could have one the lady said "of course!" with joy. My mom said that it was very difficult to put one on but she had help. When she was done she back where is was working and her friend want one because it looks so beautiful. So, she got one as well they both return to Santa Maria to go into their office and when they walked in everyone was just staring at them if they were strangers. They just wouldn't keep their eyes off of them. My mom's friend who had the hijab said they should take it off because one of their coworkers might complain about them wearing the hijab. Her boss told them that they should because some people may think your supporting a party or a group and that the head of the company called saying that one person complain because of my mother wearing a hijab. My mother took it off but she was thinking she should wear it everyday to work to show how racist.    

No comments:

Post a Comment